Ph.D Michalina KMIECIK
avant-garde theory, Polish constructivism, intermedia (especially sound poetry)
Organization: Jagiellonian University in Cracow
2005-2008 Jagiellonian University, Kraków, Poland.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in polish philology, major: comparative studies.
2008-2010 Jagiellonian University, Kraków, Poland.
Master of Arts Degree in polish philology, major: comparative studies.
Graduated magna cum laude at July 2, 2010 with a final grade very good. M.A. thesis title: "Aspects of Place. Topical and Atopical Images of Space in the Poetry of Julian Przyboś".
2010-2015 Jagiellonian University, Kraków, Poland.
Ph.D. in literary studies.
Graduated magna cim laude at May 6, 2015. Ph.D. dissertation written under the supervision of professor Andrzej Hejmej: "Paths of Negativity. The Aesthetic-Religious Orientation in Avant-Garde Poetry and Music in the 20th Century".
Most important publications (in Polish):
1. Kmiecik Michalina (2013), "Aspects of Place. Topical and Atopical Images of Space in Poetry of Julian Przyboś", Cracow: Universitas.
2. Kmiecik Michalina (2011), "Ambiguity of a Myth. An Image of Paris in Julian Przyboś’s Poetry", „Ruch Literacki” vol. 1.
3. Kmiecik Michalina (2012), "The Problem of Perception in Juliusz Słowacki and Julian Przyboś", “Konteksty Kultury”, vol. 8.
4. Kmiecik Michalina (2012), "Surrealism vs. Aleatoric Music. A Case of "Trois poemes d'Henri Michaux" by Witold Lutosławski", “Teksty Drugie” vol. 1-2.
5. Kmiecik Michalina (2012), "The Silence of God in Arnold Schoenberg's Literary Texts", “Ruch Literacki” vol. 4-5.
6. Kmiecik Michalina (2012), "A New Typology of the Avant-Garde - an Outline", “Wielogłos” vol. 1.
7. Kmiecik Michalina (2014), "Fear of Dawn or the Hope Brought by Darkness: The Case of Aleksander Wat", "Ruch Literacki" vol. 3.